Fitness and Nutrition for the Communications Operator Course
Purpose: This interactive course will give dispatchers, supervisors, and managers the insight they need to improve their overall performance through proper nutrition and exercise. This one-day workshop will assist you to manage health and wellness by increasing levels of understanding of personal requirements. Each participant will take home a nutrition guide that will assist them in discovering the food dynamics that are right for them. Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing to participate in simple exercises that can be done in front of the console while working.
During This Unique Training Event You Will:
- Learn the benefits of exercise and healthy lifestyles.
- Examine the benefits of using MyPlate to discover individual nutritional needs.
- Discuss common stressors and reduction techniques through exercise and other proven options.
- Discover which foods will provide you with optimal nutrition for better health and performance.
- Perform sample strength and conditioning exercises that can be done with minimal equipment while working the console.
Course Fee: $150
Par-Q - Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
Contact: Kathleen Vonk
Please see the Course Schedule for dates when this course is offered.