Tac. Pistol: Responding to the Active Shooter
Purpose: This class is designed for officers who may not have immediate access to a long gun while responding to an active killer and situations that require precision at greater distances, crowded environments, engage while moving and operating with partners and teammates.
Training goals: The training goals for the intended target audience are;
- Improve departmental service through advanced levels of training particularly in active threat situations.
- Reduce liability in deadly force situations through challenging live fire training exercises relative to the environment of the school resource officer and others who do not have a long gun readily accessible.
- Improve officer’s handgun skills with a challenging and safe training environment that allows them to explore their current abilities and to provide opportunities to improve performance.
- Full duty gear
- 500 rounds of pistol ammunition (can be supplied at a fair market value, contact vendor; email@example.com)
- Body armor
- Brimmed hat, ear protection, and wrap around shatter resistant eye protection
- Water or a hydration system and simple form of carbohydrate
- Proper dress for weather conditions
Please see the Course Schedule for dates when this course is offered.